1. Although normally _____, Alison felt so strongly about the issue that she put aside her reserve and spoke up at the committee meeting.
2. The well-trained engineer must understand fields as diverse as physics, economics, geology, and sociology; thus, an overly _____ engineering curriculum should be avoided
3. Only by ignoring decades of mismanagement and inefficiency could investors conclude that a fresh infusion of cash would provide anything more than a _____ solution to the company’s financial woes.
美狮彩票4. The English novelist William Thackeray considered the cult of the criminal so dangerous that he criticized Dickens’ Oliver Twist for making the characters in the thieves’ kitchen so______.
5. It was her view that the country’s problems had been _____ by foreign technocrats, so that to invite them to come back would be counterproductive.
6. Because they have been so dazzled by the calendars and the knowledge of astronomy possessed by the Mayan civilization, some anthropologists have _____ achievements like the sophisticated carved calendar sticks of the
7。 Regardless of what______theories of politics may propound, there is nothing that requires daily politics to be clear, thorough, and consistent—nothing, that is, that requires reality to conform to theory。
8. Dominant interests often benefit most from _____of governmental interference in business, since they are able to take care of themselves if left alone.
9。 Because they had expected the spacecraft Voyager 2 to be able to gather data only about the planets Jupiter and Saturn, scientists were _____the wealth of information it sent back from Neptune years after leaving Earth。
(A) anxious for
(B) confident in
(C) thrilled about
(D) keen on
(E) elated by
|客服QQ群：19012993 联系客服 信箱：firstname.lastname@example.org 招聘人才 英语交流QQ群 捐助贫困儿童|
|Copyright © 2010-2017 大耳朵英语 | |